This is an interesting collection of scams from a forumer in LowYat- Stopscam007.
He highlighted a few common scams that are constantly victimizing the innocent out there, but you can rest assure that these are just the tip of the iceberg. Some ‘legit’ pyramid schemes are even allowed to list on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange, so what do you say to that?
Anyway, if you think you would like to protect the money in your wallet and to prevent those hard-earned ringgit from evaporating in schemes like these, the following compilation by Stopscam007 will be a good read.
1) The Cafe Scams – Island Red Cafe & Stevens Corner(strange, both in Pandan Indah) – Island Red Cafe collects members RM6,000 each and promised 5% return every month and even give you a name in the ROC as a shareholder but what’s the point when they run away ? Stevens Corner, the famous indian coffee shop follows due to drop of business since their renovation. They collect RM3,000 per member and promise return of RM150 monthly and plans to open nice fanchisee cafe called StevensTeaGarden. Someone mentioned they will make you sign an agreement that give them the rights NOT to pay you anything in future. If you really wish to join, ask for a copy of their agreement and consult your lawyer BEFORE paying them. Bet you will NOT get a copy. Both collect monies from new members with MLM recruitment schemes and pay the old members like Sunshine Empire. You never know when they will run away.
2) Sunshine Empire – This licensed and legal Company has an impressive office at the ground level of KUB building along Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, near Menara Public Bank and AmBank Building. They also have a showroom office at the ground level in the next building. 2 or 3 months ago, Singapore’s Straits Times and The Paper published big news reminding their people to be careful and NOT to believe in them. Hope someone can put up the link or google for it.(As expected, they STOPPED paying back members now and all investors LOST their money).
Someone below has put a link to the Singapore news. In fact there are more to it. Although Singapore is investigating them, they did not stop their business as the business is legal and so far, no Singaporean have failed to receive their commissions as promised. Thus, the government cannot stop them yet.
The news published that the founder, director and group president is someone named James Phang but he is NOT the owner. Isn’t this quite strange ? At the end of the game, James Phang can just disappear from the Company easily and claimed that he was just “employed”. Such trick always happened in scam businesses.
Now, the Company has STOPPED paying commissions and interests to members with the excuse that the Singapore government has freezed their bank account while under investigation. Do you think their boss will be so stupid to keep much monies in the bank to be freezed ? They are all transfered away. It’s just an excuses not to pay back to members and members are only paid “e-bonus-points” which is cashless. If they wish to convert to cash, they have to recruit new members to pay them cash and the recruiter less out trom the amount. So victims act like Vampires and “forced” to victimise other victims if they wish to get their monies back. And their victims will later transform to vampires and the scam carries on…..
3) MOBILEWALLET – This Company owned by 2 young men, Stanley & Rey Gan, office in Queens Avenue Park has collect multi-millions the last 2 years. Claimed that they tied up with Telekoms, Utility Board payment like Water & Electricity bills, even Maybank got fooled by them. Advertisement Billboards everywhere. They STOPPED paying back their members few months ago and the members cannot do anything because they are made to sign an agreement unaware that they have to claims if the company stopped paying them by CHANGING terms and policies.
4) Water businesses – Oxygenated and alkaline water products – Some of these are bottled water and some are filters or equipment that claimed the trick. One of the better known Company that sold “oxygen” water is SITO(supposed to stand for Selangor International Trading Organiszation and claimed Selangor State Government owned some share in it). The key person and founder is a Dato Robert Ong from Rawang but his name is no longer in the business now. Their products are sold for RM2 to RM3 for a 350ml bottle and now concentrating mostly in the Indian market. Their Chinese and Malays market are long gone since a year or 2 ago. Their customers are made to believe that their water has more oxygen and able to give miraculous effects for the body. Water is H2O, how to put more O into it ? Anyone knows how much oxygen do we breathe into our body everyday at FOC ? Latest news is that this SITO Company is going to create new label to market under a new Company since the SITO name has already gone bad. Someone informed that this Company is owing alot of money(due to refunds) to ex-stockists but just refuse to pay them.
(Latest news, SITO shifted to another place and their MLM business has closed but planning to start again with a different name, beware !!)
Alkaline Products – Can anyone explain how it can work for the body ? The stomach’s gastric liquid is so acidic that water of any pH that goes through it will not make any difference.
5) Car Fuel Booster – K-Link, the famous scam MLM Company that sold the footpatch TAKARA, later the “cock-ring” and energy-card launched the patrol-saving pills last year. Got so hot that even grocery shops are selling for them. Recently many of these cars that used the pills are rushing to the workshops to clean the residual. Few months ago, another MLM Company launched a fuel booster gadget, claimed that saves up to 20% fuel, that is attached to the cigarette lighter. Started off well using binary plan but businese begin to fade now and most users find it NOT effective.
6) Perfumery Products(eg. Lampe Berger & Bel Air)(more details later). Lampe Berger is not so hot now in the neighbouring countries but there are still new victims every month in Malaysia. Must thanks to those who have contributed and kept the thread alive here in Kopitiam. Bel-Air have closed in Malaysia. LB is almost zero in Singapore. This perfumery product from France with over 100 years history is just bottles and fragrance(check the factory’s website) but the Company marketing them in Asia claimed “aromatheraphy” products. Hong Kong TVB aired a program that exposed their scam but their members claimed that HK’s TVB already apologised to them. Note that the biggest strenght in a MLM Scam is their members will go all way out to lie in order to defend for their Company. The reason is simple; these members fear that they will not be able to make their money back if the Company collapsed. Knowing that the Lampe Berger products are moving slow, they add a line of skincare products named Estebel, also claime to have over 100 years history in France.(Hardly anymore Chinese newcomers, they are now tapping the Malays in Malaysia)
7) Energy Products(eg. stone pendants, bracelets, mattress and pillows). They use all sorts of gimmicks and demonstration to make you into believing them. They will do some tricks and demo to prove that these products really produce energy BUT is there any tricks in their demo ? So what if there really produce energy; is it good or strong enough to help the body ? The effect is actually PLACEBO which I will elaborate in a new thread soon.(more details later)
8) Hi-Tech products(names like bio-tech, nano-tech that claimed millions of dollars of research involved, eg Bio-Young and XKL few years ago). Most of these will claimed a professor behind them(even with name and picture of a person) or used words like “U.S.A. formula”, “German Technology” or “Nanotechnology” and no further details(more details later). If you ask for more details like the professor or factory’s address, the answer will be “trade secrets”.
9) Investment Schemes – SWISSCASH is the King of all. Swisscash is nearly over now but there are many similar and smaller ones that are still on.(Now, it’s closed or stopped paying back members)
10) GoldQuest – This Company that claimed to be HK-based started with some non-value gold-plated coins that are sold for over RM2,000 have several names and changed products several times. QuestVacation, QuestNet, etc. They have several offices in Amcorp Mall, PJ and their key person(in fact, the owner), a Malaysian Indian was arrested last year in Indonesia for having involved in a very big Phillipines scam. Most of their overseas offices are closed or inactive but their Malaysia business is still hot, with some “energy” products.(Can someone please provide a link which showed the news that their boss was involved in a big scam in Philippines and was arrested in last year ?)
11) Numerology & Fortune telling – A Company named Visiber is using MLM to sell fortune telling classes using your birthday based on Numerology fortune telling. Prospects will be told that they need to buy a certain “number” between 1 to 9 in the form of pendants or bracelets made of stainless steel and sold from RM600 to RM20,000. Customers, or rather victims are mostly females from rural areas. Very hot in Penang now and a number of spin-off Companies have started.
12) MJ-Life – This Company boost of a very big background with many many years of history which is NOT true. Their people or associates may be long in business but nothing to do with their MLM launched recently. Why do I consider it a scam or bad ? New members are told to pay a sum of money(up to RM1000) and you get NOTHING for it. You only get a membership can entitle you to enjoy all sorts of special price and discounts when you have medical check-ups in their centres. They will claim all those check-ups cost more if done elsewhere. It’s not true. Only the naive and those new to medical check-ups will fall victims to them. Most members who paid the money ended up with nothing.
13) Seaweed Venture Scams – 1 such Company is located in Taman Maluri, Cheras. They will ask you to invest a few thousands ringgits for their venture of growing seaweeds in East Malaysia and you are guaranteed returns. To gain your confidence further, they will tell you your investment money is secured by “insurance” or “unit trusts” & “trustees”. When you ask for further documents to prove, they will give all sorts of excuses or just ignore you because they know they cannot get you. These Seaweed scam is one of the hottest now, warn all your friends about it before they are victimised.
14) MXM(previously MGM) – This is a master scam among the younger group, very successful 2 or 3 years ago but since there moved to their big 10-storey office at Phileo Damansara and changed name to MXM, their business dropped. They collect members RM3,000 to RM4,000 with credit card monthly easy payment and in return you get a hospital benefits insurance from Pacific Insurance worth only a few hundred RMs together with some you-don’t-need medical check-ups from their associate Company Pathlab. Also talk about fitness, lifestyles bullshit that is all worthless.
15) Gano Excel – This company from the north, a copycat of DXN selling Lingzhi capsules created a new Company called Gano iTouch to cash-in on the internet like e-Cosway after their Company went down the drain since the last 2 years, selling Linzhi and some no-value energy pendants and alkaline water gadgets. They provide free transport every weekend from KL to visit their Alor Star office.
16) NuLife(HK) – This Company started by some HK people has been in Malaysia for more than 10 years but they have flopped in HK and Malaysia due to bad management and a product scam making use of a prosecuted American named Dr Jeffrey Bland, found guilty of false products claim. Since this case in the US leaked out and many Malaysians found out that the real boss in HK is a Steven Tang(he cheated many Malaysians in another scheme about 20 years ago) their business went down all the way. Now they claim Malaysian partners cheated them and start a new Company in Malaysia. Watch out, this new Company will come out with some investment scheme idea that will get many to lose their money.
17) Arowana Fish Breeding, Oora from Germany, Biofuel(Kompleks Maluri) etc – These are some newer scams. Arowana fish venture ask you to invest some money and give you fixed return. Biofuel will tell you their Indonesia connections(just like Sunshine Empire before using Taiwan) & Oora from Germany(I never trust those cruel Germans) that market some bio-chips and a gadget that claims to give energy and therapeutic effects of accupunture, tai-chi, yoga, etc depending how you set the toy-like gadget, wear it on your body and you get the effect later. They could not explain or provide any demonstration to prove their effectiveness. Only doctors and papers claim that I will never trust. The health effect is actually PLACEBO, which I will elaborate in a different thread.
Lastly but not least, thank you for reading to the end and I hope you can come back for more details and updates or help to contribute for me to update. I hope to receive information of any scams so that I can share them here to protect others. Although most of those above-mentioned are marketed through direct-selling or MLM schemes, I will soon add non-MLM scams. Please contribute.
If you wish to send me any new information confidentially, you may email them to me at:
PS. Please pass this link to your friends if you find it helpful and thank you to those who contributed or e-mailed me with informations.
59 thoughts on “Top 17 Scams in Malaysia”
James Phang, the mlm taikor of sunshine, has been charged by the court just earlier this year…But i'm not sure what's the outcome though…The rest are a good read albeit old news..
A very informative write-ups about MLM & Scams! No matter how old news, these scams/MLMs highlighted above are still spreading like wildfire in small towns e.g. Melaka, Kluang, Ipoh etc.
I've personally been tricked into Visiber, the number pendant. Cost me over RM800 plus RM50 for registration as member for their most entry-level 'one number' pendant! It's just a stone and some enamel. Many of my friends bought over RM8000 for one ring with numbers and diamonds, at least that's what the company claims to be! All their products are useless. The owner of this company is so damn rich now after conning so many LADIES to buy their so-called life changing products! You gotta see how these bosses' wives spend their money in boutiques!
In fact, my sis just showed me a brochure by MXM (MGM) last week, and told me how the salesperson persuaded her to buy the insurance package from the company. As far as I know, insurance agents need to have a license to sell insurance products, but this sales person is not an insurance agent, but he is selling the insurance package from MXM, like a direct sales. This makes me suspicious, although their brochure looks 'professional'. And I read from the Low Yet thread that the owner of this company is the same owner of Pathlab, Marcos Pizza, Kings Crab Chinese Restaurant at Kelana Jaya!!! Luckily, I've never step into these establishments before.
Also, my aunt in Kluang got approached with the Island Red Cafe scam early this year. Obviously it's a huge scam trying to get money out of these poor old ladies and old mens' retirement money in small towns. If i'm not mistaken, you need to pay up few thousands ringgit to be their members and shareholders, then u get a member card so that you won't have to pay full price when dining at their cafe. The weird thing is I don't see any Red Island Cafe around town. So pls beware people! Don't get scam by these companies!
I don’t know why you say Visiber is a scam & LV is legit..I mean , can a handbag costs Rm20000 and u say it’s a good buy and a diamond ring costs Rm10000 and it’s a bad buy..it’s all up to the value a person put for an item..For me, no matter how good Van Gogh can paint, it doesn;t costs USD300mil..u get me??
For me, Visiber is just a jewellery company asking for their products to be paid at their “determined” prices..If don’t like or cannot afford , just don’t buy…I can’t see why it’s a scam…pls enlighten me..
Nothing new here. It is just greed and fear. May be these traits have been 'burned' into our genes :-(
Yup, I think it's a cultural thing too.
Just do a quick count on the people around you who labels 'success' as the amount of wealth and material possessions you acquire, regardless of the channels or means you acquired them. I won't be surprised that the figure is about 80%-90%.
Sadly, that's how we've been brought up- no matter what evil deeds you have done out there, you'd better come home to your family with money in your pocket.
Please wake up, people. There is no such thing as a free lunch in the world…
I've been thinking about a new MLM – my concept is something like you join this MLM and your sins are washed away.
ok guys..im a student….i listened to Kiyosaki, Jim Rohn, Earl Nigthingale…all those personal development stuff…practically went to most of free seminar published in the newspaper..EAP for example…..all kinda steer towards positivity for MLMssss….its logical to work harder for ur own rather than for ur boss…n stuff like….the richest ppl builds network and everyone else looks for work…
and i have read what the comments are about…..can the owner of this website and the commenters pls provide me an enlightenment?
its bcoz im reali fear for my own financial world….even the millionaire next door suggested being an entrepeneur have more chances to bcome rich and Kiyosaki even said the Business and Investor quadrant is far better off….
so guys…im in BIG dilemma…are the facts too strong or am i ignorant? pls help me!!!!!!
I joined 2 so called scamed companines
1. IRC – I dont agree with only 1 comment that what if the company run away . . .then we consider the company is a scam. Currently the company is progressing aggressively to open 50plus outlets in malaysia. And the shareholder investment return package is not so attractive as initial launched. Most of Malay friends taking parts into Customer Network package – RM360
2. Visiber – I also can not see what is the scam here. Is it because the company make big money then we consider it as a scam? Generally we can consider it is a fortunate teller, but if we study deeply, it is human behavior with related with numbers.
I hv no comments on other 15 scams companies. But if possible, do not connect the REAL scam company together other companies.
wat? no reply yet? where is the accountability of this website? izit alrite to talk bad about companies then when i asked for advice..no reply?
Guess the accountability of the ppl pursusing me to do mlm is more then since i got daily updates….come on mr. yowchuan…pls provide me ur insight regarding mlm…
Hai-O, Lampberger, Herballife, Mofaz, Nulife, Usana all of them pursuing me rite now at this moment…
thus since the article is published..hope its published with responbility….thus i need feedback…..pls refer up for my questions….
again…experts say mlm is good…top 5% of the sosioeconomy pyramid not mlm pyramid aaaa….the 5% said its good….the poorer 95% said its not good but i do wait answers from financial expert like mr yow chuan
even the Pareto Law 80/20 said mlm is good….KClau suggested pay ur hse n car with the asset..mlm mai ppl asset lo….
im a medic student..yet im worried about my financial life thus blog like this is helpful…rich dad said doctors dont own a business..they own a job..wat the heck? im worried wei…study so hard ad…worried coz i agree…yet im in love with medic….how now?
A student in dillemma!!!!!!!
i know i cant counter argue those experts about mlm…..thus i nid another side of opinion from mr yowchuan and the respectable commenters ere…
Before I get to your questions financiallyfearful (FF), let me clarify something.
From your statements above, I believe you are under the impression that this website is accountable to all the questions you ask and you prefer to threaten people with your immature remarks when things do not go according to your expectations.
I thought a student that has managed to get into a medical school would be more mature and well-mannered when they are going around asking for advice from others.
A little online etiquette for you FF, nobody here owes you an answer and if you are expecting for one, you better well be patient enough while people contribute their precious time to give you some of their suggestions.
As for your MLM questions, I think the best way to find out is to join one yourself and 'experience' the process. Everyone's experience is different, and what is not right for me could turn out to be an enjoyable career for you.
Since you're a student, I suggest that you prioritize your studies and leave all these 'money making' activities secondary. One thing I can assure you, these 'opportunities' will still be around when you graduate.
Next, to verify if the MLM that you're joining will not result in you losing your investment, do a background check on the management. Don't just look at the 'profit models'. There are already extensive resources on the net to help you do that. You can check out http://www.falseprofits.com for a start. Or Google up the company. If you are too lazy to do your own homework, you're probably the right 'market' for these companies.
The fact that people are doing it, doesn't mean it is the 'right' thing to do. The fact that the law is allowing these businesses to continue to operate shouldn't be an indicator that you should put your money in these businesses. Smoking is legal, but should you do it? What's your own value? What price are you willing to pay to get the things you want in life? Some people are willing to do anything, even if it's on the expenses of their closest friends and families. To them, it's absolutely justifiable.
Lastly, there's no need for you to argue with anyone. The answer is within you and only you have the authority to part with the money in your pocket- and once you do that, accept full responsibility.
thanks n pls accept my apology mr yowchuan…i do understand ur points…
First i believe this website is to prevent ppl than falling into these scams, right?
But from what ive read from the millionaire next door, financial IQ, why we want u to be rich and many more personal finance books and audio books…..by donald trump, kiyosaki, ram charan, bunch of authors from nightingale conant company….all those successful ppl..they all suggested mlm…even the last chapter of financial IQ by kiyosaki suggested network marketing..n yes i will try to get the books from the false profits…thanks for it..
Second i am a medic student today not due to the fact tht medical world creates well mannered people and ppl that accept full responbility…but i am person tht do care n take responsible when tings come my way..n thts y im a medic student n y 90% of my friends did not make it..the process is more important than the goal…
And about me looking for biznes money making stuff while studying is bcoz sumhow its not up to me to dcide…ppl around me need to eat and survive..if im rich i wudnt do it….and also the facts rich class invest both time and money…and at the age of 65, out of 100 working ppl…onli ONE will be financially INDEPENDENT…doctors included..even if im a rich medic student..im still in the risk of falling into middle class and poor class…i've seen incompetent doctors closed shop b4 due to too many clinics in a neighbourhood…n yes doctors are noble but doctors do eat n haf passion to be financially free…
kiyosaki n adam wong and brian wong (NUlife) and bob proctor all retired b4 even 65…sum made it at the age of 20 plus…michael dell steve jobs…all the ppl from the collection of books that ive read…they all made me realise being a doctor is not enaf..
PPl n law allowing it..i do get ur point but now more than 100 proven succesful ppl, not poor ppl endorsed mlm…why is tht? therefore i know its scam n its very disturbing to know the fact tht rich people values the word network.
Again i wud like to apologize for my rudeness..its clearly shown in ur reply tht u r angry..im a person with full responsibility…try talk abt responsibility when saving a dying life…i know about it…thus i ask around..the problem is tht too many ah kow n ah lian ( those 80% of ppl that shares onli 20% of the wealth) writes blog to earn a living…its ok but posting up such article…the credibility is veli imp…not ur blog but some blogs and forum reali pisses me off…lesson dun underestimate the power of foolish ppl in large number..
a blog is supposed to put food on ur table and also put food on my table..thats how v service the society rite? n i do admit im very young n inexperience thts y im not shy to ask around…avbody needs to belong to someting bigger than themselves…thats y i join ere..thts y i need a giant shoulder to stand on to get a clearer view…thts y im ere..
anyway thanks again for ur reply n its veri much appreciated…hope u wudnt mind to provide feedback again in the future…shoot me direct feedback, its ok..as kiyosaki said v all needs feedback to become more successful, shoot and advice me like im an adult..not a student….nway soli for the typo.. : )
I personally contacted Sabah Jabatan Perikanan and confirm the Seaweed is a scam, I have also contacted the investment they mentioned that protect your interest, which also confirm NOT the case. The investment company clearly stated the investors to the seaweed program is not related to the fund they put there …
I don't understand how mainstream newspaper let these businesses advertise…. Recently Lamp Berge advertised 1/2 page on an english daily…
Is this irresponsible advertising?
Unlikely the newspaper can do anything with it…
I wonder what happens to those founder of the company after confirmed they're scam? Do they need to go to prison? If not, maybe we should consider to setup one. :D
ChampDog, I guess the reason why 'dumb' people like us are not doing it yet is because we are still conscious about the trade-off between our conscience and the money.
Who knows what will happen when we are really tempted with the holy grail of material promises? You know, maybe we'll just conveniently say, “What the heck, I only live once!”
Get a call out sudden from a company named capital land intl (http://www.capitallandint.com) are this is one of the scam in Malaysia? Guaranteed return???
As i know … alot MLM also doing the same thing, like Amway the top level …
They all asking members to buy 30k~100k stock to get the Level,
Small investment do small, Big investment do big . You voice out like this
sound very unfair to all other MLM company . All MLM also got some Business plan
and marketing plan. you can wrote so many of the company mean that u r in 1 of some MLM company . so please don show out something so funny , Just try make ppl laughing.
and one more thing , Your articles is try to hits some of the products, but not included
product of some big MLM company. It's mean that you are one of the SOME MLM company ?
There is alot untie buy alot Brand A health food just to maintain level and cant sell off before the expired date … keep on giving to people and nobody want it. It's also call a scam ?
Of amway is a scam tHen hats off to them coz they must be a very succesfull scammers
fuck you stupid naive blogger…. don't simply post a thing before checking whether the content is right or wrong…. go to hell… MISLEADING…. i am sure you will become poorer and poorer in future…. swear to god that you won't join any MLM companies in the future…. or else you will die with sickness and painfulness
Submitted on 19th June 2009, 13:37 via IP Address: 18.104.22.168
Wow, you are being scolded by 'some unknown' people. See my post also same… they wanna take legal actions on me. Maybe are same people or same group or people.
I think we should gather more people who encountering same problem and meet up somewhere asap. I believe we would facing same problem eventually.
Email me privately: email@example.com
A business is called by the people as a scam or a bad pyramid when it closes down and the partners loses or being cheated of some or all the monies they put in without reasonable cause or explanation, among other things.
Only at that time of the loss or deprivation could one define the business as a scam or a bad pyramid.
Before that happens a rational person would not call it a â€˜badâ€™ pyramid or scam. The last situation â€œbad pyramid or scamâ€ has not happened yet.
Which famous manufacturers, factories or MNC do not have a pyramidal organization structure?
So, there are good and bad pyramids.
When the partners or members earn money, they would not call the business a scam or pyramid. However, at the time of loss they blame everyone except themselves.
The Golden Rule:
Willing Buyer and Willing Seller.
The main crux being if one is afraid of losses then stay put in employment. Donâ€™t ever talk or discuss about business because it irks to talk things one does not know,understand and appreciate fully.
Business normally has certain risks. To invest or not is onesâ€™ own judgement.
One can drag a bull to the water, but one cannot force it to mate.
The end results would show the good or the bad part of oneâ€™s judgements.
If the business turns out to be a profitable and not a scam, then oneâ€™s judgement must also have a name to be called, for example wrong judgement or something not so nice such as s**pid f*ol?
To call it a scam or something nasty before the actual happening is to project oneâ€™s wisdom and judgement unnecessarily.
Be rational, stay and watch the show if one does not want to participate. One would know whether one strikes a lottery.
A final word:
1) MLM is not for everybody or for oneâ€™s interest or having or not having interests. One must have the special skills, commitments and stamina to succeed. Interest is not the sole element.
2) One must have the capability to command a line-up to effect the best harvest for oneâ€™s own team.
3) It is not an employment or an ordinary 9 to 5â€²o clock job. If one can achieve this fast and the team earns money and profits, the fear of losses or risks do not exist anymore.
I have done business with the below company and i wonder why who soever did this have to do it, meaning putting this company name on scammers list.
I have done business with them and actually i received all my goods, they are real and the supplier is very fraud Mohammad clinton in Malaysia very fraud man, i am hundred percent payment pay you but not sending the material.the company name is:unitech paper industry at penang not businesses this company very fraud
For information on positioning of Island Red CafÃ©, visit the website below:
Just be careful on whatever you want to do..
When a person passes value judgements or opinions about scams or bad pyramids without any background data of the owners, it means he holds a pre-conceived opinion or mindset that the owners are already out to cheat even before the business starts.
A rational person would not arrive at that conclusion if he does not know the owners personally or their track records.
The person must know the owners to pass the opinions or value judgements otherwise all good efforts would be destroyed by irresponsible writings
Do the owners have a track record of scheming a scam, scamming or cheating?
A person or writer cannot just make a sweeping statement or value judgement on the good and the no good.
This means the person or writer shows his irresponsibility by brainwashing the public through blogging or comments in the blogs, and treats other people or followers of MLM as lesser persons, lesser cleverer and lesser smarter than himself.
This is an insult to other peoples' intelligence that only the bloggers or commentators' opinions or statements are the right ways, especially when they pose the question, “when would people learn?
Reversing the phrase, it would be “when would the bloggers, commentators, et al, learn?”
The nation loses by the writers' irresponsibility in brainwashing and attempting to suppress enterprise and entrepreneurship by creating phantoms in the minds of the youth.
How could the writers know what is in the minds of the owners whom they have no data to back that they are schemers of scams or hardcore cheaters?
A person's writings would show that he is also a schemer of some sorts; for good or bad only the passage of time can tell.
Prophets of Doom can predict anything. Only God and Prophets can decide the future. Humankind being mere mortal should not play such roles and declare any folding or unfolding of the future to confuse the minds of the people.
As I have said on scams and bad pyramids, I would add the following verses:
Heroes never die
Cowards never survive
Enterprise must multiply
MLM becomes the way of life
False prophets are abound
Truths are still around
If inexperienced judgement be sound
Then experienced people are clowns
Itâ€™s not important when would people learn
Of first importance is one must learn to earn
How could one be a good and sound teacher?
When one is an MLM tempurung creature?
Dun know why, some people just so 'di diao' to expose himself but they keep on giving so 'constructive' ideas. Maybe they are the real 'heroes' (and not cowards) as they (think) can survive better… haha..
Can i post up the background and photos of the MLM people here in your blog? Three 'big bosses' profile are identified so far (some promoters also got). Seems they are good and helpful person guiding us along the MLM strategy and making money. Feel this is a good way to appreciate them. :p
Hey Meishio, when we meet again? ^_^
If it pleases the writer, he could write an OPEN LETTER and declare the person in his letter a SCAM, Schemer of SCAMS and a CHEAT. This would be a better way to show the real hero in the writer.
hello. today my husband was approached by a chinese lady in bukit bintang. she was asking my husband to donate for “save malaysian nature” and was explaining to him how animals are going extinct, about the turtles blahblah. And here's the catch: She said my husband must donat eRM38 every month.
I get so mad when I heard this. To me, this smells like a scam. If you are a real charity body, you don't demand fixed monthly pay. Look at Mercy Malaysia or Bersamamu. They dont mind you donating anything even RM1 because if everyone donates RM1, that can still be beneficial.
But hubby is too naive I guess ? He's not malaysian. He's a foreigner.
I'm suspecting that these scammers including charity ones use pretty girls (sometimes purposely showing the chest cleavage) to sort of “hypnotise” the males.
So please if you think it's a scam, do let us know. And, do watch out when you go to Bukit Bintang. Look past the pretty faces (or chest)
Honestly I dont know which one to be angry about more, the fact that they ask for RM38 monthly, or the fact that they use girls for this scams/charities. How do we report these people? I feel like taking down their IDs and then make a report to the police!
After see through the discussion above regarding the MLM marketing. I'm grateful to see that many peoples has pointed out their view regarding the 'ability' of the MLM system in gaining what so call the passive or to more extend, they even abandoned their main job and make this MLM as their main source of income. In here I would like to share my experience for the last five years regarding my experience about MLM especially for 'A' company as well as 'E' company (bird).
I was approached by the 'A' company agent 6 years ago from my friend and in fact, he was one of the 'enthusiast'. As usual, he was trying to pump in the information of well known philosophies of self improvement like you must have the courage to face people say 'no' to you, must improve your personal selling and marketing skill and bla bla bla. On top of that, I was asked to buy some self improvement tapes and CD in order to listen to the 'successful' people story – who know they are really successful or not.
The things that they are most interested was how the profit money is divided like how many down lines you got and with that numbers of down lines, how much money you will get and then you will become rich and financial free that time. I use to get very disturbed when they explained these concept to me. My disturbance got intensified when I went to the annual meeting when you have pay for the entrance fees (I think this is very stupid) and before the show started, the organizer will play you some videos of how American peoples spend money to buy all those expensive staffs, you can become one of them by joining them.
The video actually pissed me off and I screwed my friend after the shows started as it really gave the youngster a very very bad information of why we want to become rich. I believe this is a brain wash session for the newbies.
After got all this information, I analyze the information that I have in me regarding this type of MLM marketing, I got a few conclusions:
1. They brain wash you how the rich people and successful people live like. This video will paralyze your defend system to recognize what is reality and fantasy.
2. The entrance fee of the annual meeting, you are paying RM100-200 for this where some ambassadors come and give you talk. If 2500 people are attending, then 500k free money for the organizer. Personally, I think the concept is better to apply it in your normal life that into this MLM business.
3. By attending all this brain wash session, you will become a loyal defender and marketer to the company with a very low cost. Sometime, you fork out your own money to travel here and there, the company won't pay you other expenses. Despite all these, you still feel awarded. – What kind of business can have an 'employer' who will die for you and you no need to pay anything as other 'employer' will train them for free?
4. All the successful people principles are proven, this make you unable to overturn the law. Personally I think this principle has been raped and made use by the company.
5. The product of the company is not cheap. In fact, they keep emphasize that it is relatively cheap as the advertisement expenses is not involved. But I think the product is very very expensive. RM4000 and some even RM6000 for a water filter, this is ridiculous.
One of my patient did purchase some cactus juice from 'E' company, after serious history taking, she earn 2K+ and need to pay 500+ for 2 packs of cactus juice. This is ridiculous, I immediately advise her to stop buying. Imagine u spend 20% of your monthly income for this, how unreasonable.
Follow that, I ask my friend to think as a whole, who will gain the most profit out of the sales? Not the ambassador or diamond, but the company. Unfortunately, some people just get 'addicted'. The ambassador is an icon to brain wash you. I never understand why they treat him like 'GOD' in the gathering. As far as I know, the MLM company will employ the so called Ambassador to recruit and brain wash people.
They keep on saying want to spread the news and want to see less people suffer by selling their product, but would they do it if they are not paid with the commission?
can i get more information about IRC??
Dear Ammie and stopscams007,
Please do some homework before you say any misleading facts for the consumer here. Me, myself an agent for MXM (formally known as MGM) and my mother-in-law is a member of MXM since 3 years ago. I bought her this medical card when she was 59 years old.
As you all know, it is hard to get a good medical protection at such age but luckily MXM accepted my mother-in-law application. No doubt the fees is high about RM 2500.00++ for a yearly premium but HEY, the charges is all the same or higher with others insurance company such as ING, Great Eastern, Prudential and to name a few. Bear in mind, these company will reject your application if they find out your problems and it won't cover any illness if it's does happened after you want to re-new your policy.
My mother-in-law was admitted to hospital on 2nd years later and was diagnosed with diabetes and blood clot in her lower abdomen. She needs operation and was staying in Glenmarie Hospital for a week. You can imagined the charges is RM 23,000++ all paid up by MXM medical card. After discharge, the following medical charges is borned by MXM within a month of any claims occurred. So, you see is there any scam here? In fact, I did not comes out any single cents during these period which my mother-in-law in hospital. And the good news is, my mother-in-law can re-new her medical card until 70years old without any problems or any protection is excluded from her policy which others company can't do. What I am trying to say is, it is worth the money for paying such a expensive medical card.
Do not judge the person by it's cover, sometimes what you hear could be wrong but seeing is believing!
how about ISynergy ? What's this actually ? Someone from ISynergy told me those Roadside Drawing Ticket Seller(æ‹¬æ‹¬æ¨‚) are big conman, if those roadside con is big con, then what should we call those from ISynergy ?
blogger, about company no 10, u can read Business Today magazine October 2009 issue. u can get the anwser about he was arrested in 2007…please read, so that u can get the real information of this company…the-v…the v…the v…
Salesman posing as “Heath consultants. Is this a scam or what?
If u receive phone call inviting u for FREE Medical Check by “Health Consultant just hung up.
Their salesman also lead unhealthy lifestyle by picking girls in disco, smoking excessively, drinking beer in office.
yes , just hung up the phone, i also got cheat by investment to ' bela ikan keli'. now they are in KL and penang.
pls becareful .
Wisma Tun Sambanthan, Penthouse, Level 27, Kuala Lumpur, 43200, Malaysia
whether the company is known on the market?
is fair? You can deal with it?
Thanks for the information about this company
A company called mobaccess . Is it really a company.
MAPLEX Allianceâ€™s this is a new investment company, anyone got any idea about this company pls help me with this thanks.
Haven’t heard of them. From the look of their website, I can see that they are:
1) Very new.
2) They are overseas, which means Securities Commission or Bank Negara would not have any information on them.
3) They only feature 2 person’s profile in their Management Team. I would be extra careful with my money if they are not willing to disclose more about themselves.
Just my 2 sens.
SNSBS is a new company anyone got any ideas about this company?
SNSBS is a new company but have some innovative products as per their website.
They have their office in subang usj 1 . Ordered some products for whole sales great products and service and General Manager Mr.Azeem very helpful after visiting direct
hello there, I’m Yus and would like to answer the science behind alkaline water.I have been drinking ionised alkaline water from an ioniser since 2004. The ionised water has 5x more excess oxygen, not in the form of O2, but in the form of OH- which is very stable because it is mated with positively ionised alkaline minerals. Two of these hydroxyl ions can form a water molecule H2O and give out one oxygen atom. The alkaline minerals is used to detoxify poisonous acid compound and when that happens the hydroxyl ion is freed to supply excess oxygen to the cells. excess oxygen prevent development of cancer. It is indeed the case of killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
And this is no BS as form 4 science can prove it. No doubt that the stomach acidity is very acidic, ph1.5 ( cola is pH 2.5) but the pancreatic juice has a pH of 8.8. When food is being completely digested by the stomach juice which is HCL, sodium bicarbonate (known as pancreatic juice)is injected into the blood stream to bring theÂ ‘mesh’ safely into the duodenum. These juices requires water , salt (NaCl) and carbon dioxide (CO2) as the ingredients. However the remaining part of the sodium chloride that is chlorine is the troublesome factor. If we can supply alkaline minerals such as sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium in the form of NaOH, Ca(OH)2, KOH and Mg(OH)2, that would be the best settlement. Ionised alkaline water from an ioniser gives them! I have my ref from the book ” Reverse Aging” Not Science Fiction but a Scientific Fact!’ by Sang Whang.
It pays to learn the chemistry of water as human being is more than 70% H2O, a walking being with a bundle of water wrapped in skin! Understanding the function of water and drinking the right kind of water will give us health and longevity.
Thanks to stopscams007 for writhing this article !! Will definitely share it via Facebook to gain awareness among all !!
Anyway, anyone heard of totebonus? It’s another MLM company belong to Matthew Ting, founder of Fusion Excel- Paul Ting !! Plus there are rumors sayin that the group is actually run by the same gang of person who play the game Sunshine Empire.
I received an offer from another “Seller in Malaysia” They said we have to pay a 500 fee to pay for a health certificate that is imposed by the Malaysian Ministry of Healt/Food-Safety Division in order sent to get a Sample of refined Sunflower Oil sent to us. I want to know if this is true or not? Is he trying to scam us? I have not heard of this. We do not want to waste our time with Frauds only reliable Suppliers. Please advise.
This is the name of the Company:
COMPANY: MATZ PACIFIC EDIBLE OILS AND BIODIESEL SDN
ADDRESS:Lot 3821-3822, block 19 kcld, Jalan lapangan terbang baru, 93350 Kuching.Malaysia
OFFICE TELEPHONE : +601116380866
I received an offer from a “Seller in Malaysia” They said we have to pay a 500 fee to pay for a health certificate that is imposed by the Malaysian Ministry of Healt/Food-Safety Division in order sent to get a Sample of refined Sunflower Oil sent to us. I want to know if this is true or not? Is he trying to scam us? I have not heard of this. We do not want to waste our time with Frauds only reliable Suppliers. Please advise. This is the name of the Company: COMPANY: MATZ PACIFIC EDIBLE OILS AND BIODIESEL SDN
ADDRESS:Lot 3821-3822, block 19 kcld, Jalan lapangan terbang baru, 93350 Kuching.Malaysia
OFFICE TELEPHONE : +601116380866
Of all the long discussion. It’s only naturalÂ
joiners tend to defend their position because it’s their rice pot. However, If most people join the business or we’re recruited based on greed or fear rather than for the priority and benefit of product itself. STAY AWAY. They’re not selling it in the right manner. The product should always be the primary reason. Then everything speaks for itself without any hard pushing or salesy talk.
Just received a call from AROWANA VENTURES BERHAD saying I won a Cruise trip to nowhere with star cruise and invited to go to their office at UE3 and was asked to invest in their investment scheme.
The scheme goes like this:
1) Fixed 6% p.a. return for the first two years.
2) A minimum of 29% p.a. for the following 2-10 years and a profit sharing of 50-50 if sold in the first 10 years.
3) There is a risk of losing the fish due to natural disaster but its backed by a trustee.
4) The investment is for one fish only and it cost RM30k/ fish.
5) It means they will help you raise one fish from small until mature. It cost RM30k to buy a fish that is not yet born. That’s called risk and return,
6) The survival rate is 6/40 so for every 40 fish hatched, 6 will survive and probably less.
7) The telemarketeer that called me is 014-72826##
8) Lets say this is not a scam. is there a possibility to get an guranteed return of 29%?
So many scams around and people are so naive and got fooled. Anyway the voucher they only gave 2 and they promise to give 3 since my child is going. Never kept their word so I rejected. Waste of time and money.
There should be more people around updating news about scams that ripe people off with their hard earn cash… please don’t cheat people…. finding money the honest way even though it’s and shark eat fish world…..
The people who got scammed usually keep quiet about it. Most are afraid they become jokes to others. And we also do not have regulations on catching these scams. Even when there’s enforcement, it only happens after hundreds of thousands of ringgit has been conned by these get-rich-quick schemes.
My only advice to people who wants to prevent these scams from happening to them: People can only manipulate you when you show them your weaknesses, greed in this case.
Chinese business is always cheat,scam,hoax,lier,bullshit,unsincere,unhonest & animalsm.
Of course they are, Rina. Just goes to show how big your world is.
Dont forget IMUONE diamond club led by Kin Chinese Malaysian Model cum Singer… self proclaimed XSultanah Terengganu foster son!
https://www.facebook.com/SNTMLM?ref=ts&fref=ts <———— read here. a lot complains
LIONEL FERNANDEZ and NAJAH AHMAD directors SERENADE SDN BHD 580461A Malaysia are under investigation by Malaysian Police and the anti corruption agency in relation to fraud, theft, embezzlement and misappropriation of funds from government agencies and international corporations.
They claim to be associated with University Malaya and have offices within the university grounds.
Naja Ahmad is the front-woman on behalf of Lionel Fernandez making fraudulent applications for funds and grants from different ministries claiming to represent companies and organizations.
They have collected hundreds of thousands of dollars through their company Serenade Sdn Bhd refusing to give those funds to the companies they’ve represented. When companies make complaints both Naja and Lionel then involve Malaysian ‘gangsters’ and underworld thugs to threaten and intimidate both companies and their families to go no further.
From Austria to the Solomons, Thailand and Indonesia plus all states in Malaysia they have left a trail of despair and destruction and have stolen possibly millions from unsuspecting businesses.
They are listed with the MACC as being under investigation for international fraud and MACC is asking people who’ve had any associations with any of their companies to contact them on +60 3 8886 7000 Ref: MACC14Serenade.
Be warned to have no business dealings with either Lionel Fernandez or NAJAH Ahmad
How about fortune ventures a company, l guess selling health product. Vemma manggosteen juice from USA. With their solid explainations and link with this good product also promised for monthly income….still with 10 free overseas trip that cost around RM1200 a trip.Believe it or not,they really smart in marketing…but l still waiting with the first month income as promised.If success l will write for follow up. Hopefully this company not a scamps.
Just do your due diligence. Trace the money trail. The money that a company rewards its franchisees must come from a sustainable income source. No free lunch rule applies.
TM INFOTECH SDN BHD is also fraud company
Anyone heard of Creator Academy Berhad, Adrows, Unifunds and Worldwide.Energy?
I would be of great appreciation if you could share any information you found regarding the companies you mentioned!