Here it is again, the Marathon of Hope for 2009. This will be my 3rd consecutive year joining thousands of other Malaysians.
Date: Sunday, 1 November 2009
Venue: Flag off @ 9.00 a.m. Taman Tasik Perdana (Lake Gardens)
Rules & Regulations:
1) All participants must run on the designated route. There are 2 routes- 5km and 3.5km for the family run.
2) For wheelchair bound, and physically challenged participants, please note that there are slopes along the run route.
3) Participants are to be at the assembly area by 8.45 a.m.
4) No registration required. Just turn out during the run day. You can buy the Terry Fox Run official t-shirt, RM25 each.
Limited parking is available on site, and public transport is recommended.
The organisers, their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, are not liable for any injuries suffered, damage and loss of properties by participants at this event
The t-shirts will be available in September
Ms Yoon / Mr Peter Kang, CARIF, 2nd floor, OPC, Sime Darby Medical Centre, T: 03-56391874. Or email us at email@example.com
Report on Last Year’s Run
I hope this year there will be more active attempts by the organizers and the benefiting institutions to spread the awareness on cancer. For the past 2 years, I can only notice the Milo van being the most successful post-run attraction. There is very minimal effort on spreading awareness and information on cancer education.
Getting everyone to run is one thing, getting everyone to understand why they are running is another. For the informed runners who already knew about Terry Fox and his battle for cancer, they probably already know why they are running. What about the children from the younger generation, who will be tagging along with their parents for the run?
Organizers, time to go the extra mile (pun definitely intended)!
Here is a list for the latest Terry Fox Run KL 2009 T-Shirt sales locations:
- 1 Utama, Community Corner, 1st. Floor, Oval, 23-25 Oct (Fri to Sun), 10.00am to 9.00pm
- Bangsar Village, Ground Floor, 24-25 Oct (Sat & Sun), 10.00am to 9.00pm
- Mid Valley Megamall, 3rd Floor, North Court (Celebrity Fitness), 26-30 Oct (Mon to Fri), 5.00pm to 8.00pm
- Sunway Pyramid, LG1, Blue Atrium (near Bata), 30-31 Oct (Fri-Sat), 10.00am-9.00pm
- Menara Citibank, Foyer, 26-30 Oct (Mon to Fri), 12.00pm to 2.00pm
- Mont Kiara and PJ Hilton (Clark Hatch Fitness Centre), 20-23 and 27-30 Oct (Tue to Fri), 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Canadian High Commission, Menara Tan & Tan, Off Jalan Tun Razak – From 19 Oct, Mon to Thurs,8.30am to 12.00noon, 2.00pm to 4.00pm. Fri 8.30 am to 12.00pm
- Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation (CARIF), Sime Darby Medical Centre ??From 15 Oct, Mon to Fri, 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Run Day – Lake Garden, Kuala Lumpur, 1 Nov, Sun, 8.30am – 10,30am